Common Questions

  • How do I report a crime?

You may report a crime in person at the Dawson Springs Police Department. To report a crime over the phone, dial (270)-797-2277 or 911 for Emergency.

  • Where do I pick up police reports?

All police reports may be picked up at the Dawson Springs Police Department Monday through Friday between 8am – 4pm.

  • How can I help prevent crime?

Making sure that all of your windows and doors are locked to your residence is very important. Keep your vehicle doors locked when parked. Store items out of sight in your vehicle, like under your seat or in your glove box. Remember: out of sight, out of mind. Be aware of unusual activity.

  • How do I report drug activity?

Report all drug activity to the Dawson Springs Police.

  • How do I find out if someone is in jail?

Call the Hopkins County Jail at (270) 821-6704 or go on the Hopkins County Jail website.

  • How do I get my vehicle out of impound?

Call the Dawson Springs Police Department at (270) 797-2277.